View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 03:30 PM   #9
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Yeah, but it seams it was also way more buggy than bookeen's And actually unfinished, unlike bookeen's fireware.

I almost bought one today, but none was left. (That happened to be lucky, as a i want a sdd version, and the 160G is hdd). So i'm waiting for the 65G version.

Problems like no Android market, and the screen size quite un-standard for android ?
Ya, it's definitely more buggy. But that's the strangeness between running both ArchOS and Android. I would have preferred a pure Android device that did a little media playing.

There are some issues in that apps don't work well with the screen, but that's something that Android apps need to deal with sooner or later. Not all Android devices are doing to be tiny phones.

But unless you're willing to deal with the issues right now, I would suggest that you wait a bit until they get (at least most of) the issues ironed out.
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote