View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 11:03 AM   #20
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
If only an ebook reader would read pure .zip, .rar or .7z files, then we could compress HTML books to a very small size, and have about every font and lettertype formatting possible!
I that's what epub is--zipped html with enough data attached to allow an ebook reader to read it. I'll grant it would be very nice to just zip an html file or files, rather than having to create the structure around it. But the concept seems to do what you're asking for.

(Disclaimer: I'm terrible at epub. Have not successfully created one, neither with ecub or attempting raw css/code/whatever-it's-called arrangements. I could be missing something large and obvious.)
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote