View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 11:20 AM   #29
Ubermensch
Connoisseur
Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanna View Post
B&N and Nook aren't in Canada at all, and the average Canadian has no idea who they are. I find it interesting that they decided to launch in the UK, but still aren't in Canada.
This this this.

I am not sure why they decided to jump the ocean instead of just paying a visit to their northern neighbours. I leave in Canada and bought a Nook last year as my first e-reader. I had no idea what the hell was B&N prior to that. They don't even ship Nooks to Canada, I had to find someone in the United-States who would ship it for me. And then when you have your Nook, buying books from the B&N store is another issue.

It's unfortunate, because many major reviewers said that the Nook STR is (was) probably the best e-reader on the market. At least they are starting to improve this aspect of their business, but it's now a few years too late...
Ubermensch is offline   Reply With Quote