View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 05:10 PM   #177
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonetools View Post
That analysis is for the generic web ad- not for an ad in an ebook, that may be generated from an analysis of the reader's purchasing history. That would make it far more valuable to the advertiser.
Another kind of ad may be what I originally spoke of -the Kindle Special Offers. These would come from Amazon and its partners. These "ads" seem to be far more attractive to consumers, if THIS THREAD is anything to go by.
I was given the KSO as a gift. I've been woefully disappointed in the deals. I've only had the Kindle a month, but I've yet to find or see any deal that was interesting to me. Granted, I do read a lot, so the books for a dollar generally has yielded books I already own, already tried or already read. (Or wasn't interested in at all.) The horror books--nothing there to interest me. The other offers? I don't watch movies, I have more than enough music, I make my own soap (thanks anyway, Dove) and I don't need headphones. I'm HOPING there is an Amz gift cert to take advantage of soon (spend 10 get 5 or whatever.) But so far, it's a goose-egg. Obviously mileage varies.

Oh--and Amazon already puts ads at the back of each book: People who enjoyed this also bought...and then lists 3 or so books. Of course many people don't page far enough to even see it, but it's there. I haven't paid it any mind other than to notice it.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote