View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 08:12 AM   #170
Kevin8or
Guru
Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
One of the reasons I rarely watch US TV is the ad content is approaching the 'prime' content in screen time.
(we won't go into how dumb most commercials are (unless they are really funny))
I refuse to watch TV as it's being aired. I utterly detest commercials. Maybe once/year, for some odd reason, I find myself watching a show as it's aired. And am reminded how awful the experience is. It's not only the commercials themselves that I despise. Like theducks, I resent the cumulative time they consume.

I speak of TV programs that are interrupted by commercials. I don't mind PBS programs that have "ads" before and after the shows air.

With that as a guide, e-book ads that appeared at the front and back the book would be tolerable. But in-line advertisements? On the very pages I'm reading? Hell no.
Kevin8or is offline   Reply With Quote