View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 11:13 AM   #27
Skibble
Runs With Scissors
Skibble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skibble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skibble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skibble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skibble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skibble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skibble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skibble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skibble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skibble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skibble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Sorry Skibble, I didn't mean to suggest you were lying. I just assumed you were relaying a story you heard somewhere.

However, your further explanation sort of falls right in with what I was saying.

I'm sure there was wording somewhere in her employment contract that held her to a higher standard regarding alcohol and/or "propriety" than most public school contracts. If you know you can't abide by your employer's expectations, why take the job?
I apologize as well, for misunderstanding. You have an excellent point about the contract -- I don't know what was in the contract of the teacher at the BBQ. If there was an alcohol clause, that may very well have been the primary issue.

From what I understand about the Ashley Payne case, there was only an ambiguous clause about proper behavior in her contract. If that is true, then she will probably win the suit she is bringing in court.

But to bring this back around to thread topic -- all this is simply fuel to my "keep your social media away from my ebook/ereader accounts" fire. I hope store and ereader design doesn't keep moving in this direction -- at least not unless the option to turn it all off is preserved!
Skibble is offline   Reply With Quote