View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 01:32 PM   #12
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by aagstn View Post
I buy far less than a year or two ago, but that has as much to do with the death of Fictionwise and the high ebook prices as it has to do with the library.
Hear! Hear! I still mourn the devastation - if not quite total death - of Fictionwise. My e-book purchases have dropped way way way off since their troubles started with the purchase by BN and the agency stuff. I still try to buy from Fictionwise when I can - e.g. Random House, smaller publishers - in some probably vain hope that there will someday be a light at the end of the tunnel for them.

If I eliminate the Fictionwise issues, however, I'm in the camp of "buy a little bit more". As several others have noted, the libraries I have e-access to tend to have a different selection than I would normally choose - or pay for - myself. So I've branched out, and had some nice surprises! And, having had a nice surprise, I'll often go buy at least one more book by the same author.

Of course, I've also checked out a few where I've gone "" and returned within minutes...
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote