View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 06:45 PM   #9
Rique
Zealot
Rique began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (silver), IPad 3G 64GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
You can set sync in iTunes to be automatic so I still don't see the point. Personally, when I plug my iPhone and soon my iPad into my laptop, I want to decide whether to sync or not.
Tamara, I don't see how to do that. I'm sure I've probably missed something obvious.

For example, using GoDocs (supported under the apps tab in iTunes), I changed the local copy of a file which I had synced to the iPad (using iTunes). After a sync, that change was not reflected on the iPad - I had to manually refresh the copy of the doc within the apps tab by adding the new version (and I strangely had to delete the older version - it did not simply overwrite).

So here's my question: How can I make the sync between my local file - which is referenced through the iTunes app tab - and accessed through the app on my iPad - be automatic whenever that local file is modfied, without requiring any intervention on my part - and strictly through the use of iTunes?

If I can do that strictly with iTunes, I have a real hard time seeing the value for this app - if not, then it makes sense.

Thanks,
-- Rique
Rique is offline   Reply With Quote