View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 06:02 PM   #18
Mrgauth
Addict
Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K3
I just now got back from Borders and have to say I am in the 505 camp. Primarily because of the glare on the 700 and the fact that its text just seems, I dunno, dimmer. I have to bump up the size to make it comparable to the crispness of the 505.

Now, take into account that I don't give a rat about all the 'features' of the 700. I simply want to load one to three books on it, and read. That is all. I don't want to read pdf's or do research. I just want to read novels for fun and will never have more than 4 going at any one time. And when done, will delete them and never go back to them. So, a plain jane CLEAR, no glare 505 is my vote. Of course, I probably won't get a reader period because the reader I want (prices and selection like the Kindle with a unit like the Sony) has not been made.

But my vote on screen alone goes to the 505. While the touch screen works well enough the build up of grime from my oily fingers is just one more reason I would never use it. Why add to the already dimmer screen with oil from my fingers. I think about how much I am constantly wiping off my cell phone because that oily build up bugs the crap outta me. Not a big fan of touch screens. I'll stick with buttons.
Mrgauth is offline   Reply With Quote