View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 03:37 PM   #44
tekchic
Zealot
tekchic doesn't littertekchic doesn't litter

Device: iPhone X, iPad Pro
Our Phoenix Public Library supports the Adobe Digital Edition (Adobe DRM) ebook checkout. It's PDF format, and you need to get the Adobe Digital Edition software loaded on the machine that you're going to drag it over to the Reader with.

The PRS-500 didn't support the Adobe DRM content, which I *think* is the reason why Sony offered the trade-up plan from the 500 to the 505's which do support the Adobe content.

All I do is check out the ebook from the library and it shows up in my Adobe Digital Edition app. That application also "sees" my PRS-505, and all I have to do is drag the book over to the PRS-505 from within the Adobe Digital Edition software and it transfers it.

The only book I've checked out so far though, is The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. I just wanted a "can I do it?" test when I got my new PRS-505 last Saturday. I think I upped the size to Medium and it looks great to me.

YMMV (Your mileage may vary) on the other PDF's though -- I'd guess that PDF's with a lot of graphics and/or diagrams may not play as nicely. But so far the "novel" pdf's should work pretty well I think.

Hope this helps!
tekchic is offline   Reply With Quote