View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014, 05:56 AM   #3
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Thanks very much for that.

I'm not sure what the deal is with Smashwords and mobi files (I haven't tried to distribute through them yet, but it is one I'm considering) it was mainly as an example that I knew supplied mobi files for some books - and, curiously, mobi files smaller or similar size to the epubs on the couple of free books I checked out. (If Smashwords do their own mobi creation I will need to be careful, after what I've seen in my own testing.)

Is it safe to assume that "the old mobi7 format" will be readable on all current Kindle readers? So if I extract that, and test it out on the Kindle Previewer, I can make it my reasonably sized "Kindle version" for any place that needs it. I'm presuming I should still send Amazon the full file, after testing, and let them deal out the bits they want.

Last edited by gmw; 01-15-2014 at 05:59 AM.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote