View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 10:01 AM   #10
ebmr
Zealot
ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: none
sharphamster,

resetting defaults forces rebuild of the books.db database (preserving the collections, reading stats etc., though), so it might be a similar effect to my deleting it completely.

As a matter of fact, I did resetting to defaults and already the next book scanning led to the ContentService error again. So, no. No solution found.

rupor,

thanks for sharing your experience. It's most appreciated.

I was trying to say that I could not correlate the two problems you mentioned with what I'm experiencing.

Actually, my sql error is a different one (always the same statement, but with randomly different _ids):
Code:
W Database [log_main    ] Reached MAX size for compiled-sql statement cache for database /mnt/sdcard/Sony_Reader/database/books.db; i.e., NO space for this sql statement in cache: SELECT _id, file_path, modified_date, file_size, source_id FROM books WHERE (_id=238) AND (source_id=?). Please change your sql statements to use '?' for bindargs, instead of using actual values
Having a closer look on the LOG though, I found the same FATAL AndroidRuntime EbookMediaScannerService EXCEPTIONs you're mentioning. I haven't yet payed attention to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupor
And we did try pretty hard to connect this to number of books and collections, to a particular books, etc - so far without conclusive results.
Thanks for this information. I was planning to investigate further, but I can save the time now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupor
Simple restart would not fix memory issue - if all conditions still exists (and timings are similar) code will merely reproduce the same error again and again - hence the need to remove database...
So removing the database will either change the timings or - more likely - result in different procedures (no reason for a SELECT on the database to compare or find any book data).

It is interesting that - at a certain point - you always can build up a new books.db database and you can modify it by executing SQLite statements on it - but you cannot add or delete books.
ebmr is offline   Reply With Quote