View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 01:34 PM   #32
crashnburn
Groupie
crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad1 iOS 5.1.1b, iPhone 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I don't care WHY you want to convert MOBI to ePub. Not my business and I don't care. Nor do I want to argue about whether or not you SHOULD be able to mention where the MOBIs originally came from without assumptions being made. I happen to agree that you SHOULD be able to. I only know it's unwise to do so when it has nothing to do with the problem at hand or its solution. Past experience on the forums has taught me that.

I'd much rather discuss whether or not my advice to use the What's My Mobi script has helped in identifying the underlying structures in a collection of MOBIs from various sources or not. But if you feel tangential, philosophical debate about what you SHOULD be able to talk about is the best way to get all your MOBIs in a Marvin-ready ePub state, then far be it for me to stand in your way. I was simply offering a practical tip that my time spent seeking/giving help (of a technical nature) on these forums has taught me. Take it or leave it: but by all means... let's move on and get back to the HOW part of the discussion.
DD - I am glad you are helping. I did not intend to fight with you.

It was and is confusing as all I have are a bunch of .MOBI files that I can open in MobiPocket reader but I'd like to read them in Marvin on iPad.

When people started arguing and debating the sources/ formats/ flavors of .mobi files, I just mentioned I do not know what types they are.

Getting back on topic.

Either way, I'd like to know how should someone do the following:
- Identify the .mobi file type - wrapper and inner matter
- Use the right set of workflow + tools to unwrap/ unbundle and then rebundle into ePub.
crashnburn is offline   Reply With Quote