View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 10:31 AM   #8
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
I don't know if it's true that men don't read women authors (I certainly read them), but I'm certain the reason for hiding female writers behind initials is driving more by the publishers/editors who *believe* that male readers won't read certian genres written by a female. A prime example is C.J. Cherryh, who not only hides her female name but also had to change her last name (Cherry - Cherryh) because it sounded too much like a romance author.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote