View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 04:31 AM   #14
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Gumby View Post
At least not without a LOT of trouble, such as going through each title page-by-page taking screenshots (if it's a Flash reader) or saving each page individually (which can be a pain on browsers like Firefox, which doesn't save files under their actual names in their temp directory, so you have to right-click and save individually instead of just going to your cache to retrieve them).
I heard that somebody created a bunch of scripts to automate the process.
You leave the computer running overnight automatically creating screenshots page after page.
I wouldn't be surprised if users organize themselves to pool the resources. You make screenshots of one of your manga and get access to other screenshots ... and content producers will have another opportunity to whine about the pirates ... sigh.

I will not go into further details, because:
- I am not interested in Manga in and comics general,
- I would never pay for such access to the content and
- we can't discuss such techniques on Mobileread anyway.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote