View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 07:45 AM   #12
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I think series' can be a crutch for both authors and readers. But I don't think it's inherent in the concept of "the series" by any means. I do believe there's a lot of crutch-like stuff out there... but like anything, it depends entirely on the author and/or the reader. It's only a crutch if you stick it under your arm and use it to support something that can't walk on its own. It could just be comfort, too: it's not like literary growth is mandated for authors and readers or anything.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote