View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 12:18 PM   #13
jswinden
Nameless Being

I had an iPad 1 for a while but the resolution was hard on my eyes, so I a got rid of it. The iPad 3 is so much better for reading, browsing, etc.

However, as much as I would love to fully replace my laptop with it, that won't be happening. As long as tablets (including iPads and Android devices) cannot be easily connected with and truly usable with cameras and other devices, they won't be able to replace my laptop. It is so easy to connect my Windows 7 laptop to my Canon EOS 60D dSLR and use it to control the camera. Not talking DLing photos, talking control of the camera. Likewise, it is so easy to connect my laptop to all of my many amateur radios and control and program them. I keep hoping a good tablet will come along with the connectors and software support for such tasks, but I suspect other than a Windows tablet that is not likely to happen. So yes I love my iPad 3, but it will never be the work horse I wish it was. Just like the Android tablets, it is more of an entertainment device than anything else. I sure hope Microsoft finally gets it right and ushers in an era of work horse tablets.