View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 02:36 PM   #1174
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
Why? what do you like so much of the Kobo's .... can't remember, does it have landscape mode?
First of all, I don't need any ADE DRM Activation on Kobo.
I don't like the ADE scheme, on and on again I have to request new activations. Sometimes 3 or even 5 of them on a single tablet...

Then I like the integrated Kobo bookstore. Very much reminds of the Kindle bookstore.
Sony basically directs you to their website, no "special" frontend on the reader.

The Sony reader has buttons for turning pages or "home" below the screen. We know this all to well from Sony 600 and others. It only adds about 1.5cm to the height, but still: Totally useless on a touchscreen unit. And it looks somewhat "cheap".

The bezel of the Sony is very shiny. I find it a bit distracting. And again: Looks a bit "cheap".

It's very hard to compare. But I think, the Kobo reader over all is a bit more responsive.

I'd wish for a Sony 900 with this new touchscreen technology. Really did love its form factor.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote