View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 06:09 PM   #10
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Not quite as accessible as it sounds...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvReadin View Post
I don't quite understand this - aren't you able to borrow via the internet? If I want to borrow a print book, I have to go to my local library (which is only a couple of miles away, but still, couldn't do it if I were housebound) and take it out, or if it's not there, request an inter-library loan and repeat the same procedure. If I want to borrow an ebook, I go to my PC, log in to the library service (which services the entire county, not just my local tiny library), and download a book.
I'd like to know about this service which you make sound very accessible in the UK - 'cos you can't borrow physbooks from a library you aren't a member of, which usually requires residency qualifications to join. There are a very few that don't, I believe.
And you then also can't borrow an ebook from "your" library if it does not have a digital collection and facilities.
So you cannot use the library as you describe, unless you're lucky enough to live in an area that has a digital service.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote