View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 06:19 PM   #14
Tegan
Connoisseur
Tegan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1st Gen, Kindle 3 SO
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
The best example illustrating user complexity is backing up or moving a library. Currently it comprises pointing your backup software to to the library or copy and pasting it some place else. This would become much harder the more locations the user is using.
I just finally figured out how to use multiple libraries without messing up my news downloads, and now I love the way that Calibre builds libraries even more. I just have to set up a folder with the name of the library I want, and Calibre does the rest for me. I'd *hate* having to find files from all over my computer to move them if I wanted to quickly move my library. This way, if I need to move a library from my laptop to my external drive, I just move the folder and all subfolders, point Calibre to the new location, and I'm done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
The issue isn't that he's complaining. The issue is almost every post from him in the calibre sub forum (even in unrelated posts) is a complaint about the file structure. No dev wants to change it, members are tired of hearing him complain about it. We know he is capable of doing the work to implement and calibre being open source allows him to yet he won't.
Yup. But *he's* the one complaining about being silenced for some reason. I was trying to point out that he's not been silenced, he's just being annoying.

And, is he capable of doing the work himself? I just kind of assumed that he's complaining so loudly because he hasn't got a clue how to do it. If I felt so strongly about something and had the ability to change it, especially with open source like Calibre, I'd just get on with it and change it. Frankly, if he has the know-how and is still complaining, that just makes him look... lazy? Perhaps trollish, but certainly lazy.