View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 10:15 PM   #70
ElizabethN
reader, ebook junkie
ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: in use kindle oasis 2nd and 3rd gen, kobo forma, boox poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
Thanks for testing and asking. Good to see it works even with large collections. Does it take long to run, or does it take the Kindle longer to restart with so many in collections?

Looks like you need a "," at the end of the authors line. That's the problem with having to use code for customising at the moment...
Works wonderfully now - it's always the little things

This is what I'm currently using in combo with an plugboard for placing series info in a book title.

################################################
# Create Kindle Collections Plugin tweaks
#
# Calibre column names to include in collections, text to prepend for sorting, and
# minimum number of books needed for a column before creating a collection
create_kindle_collections_usecolumns = {
"tags": [ "__", 1 ],
"series": [ "_", 2 ],
"author_sort": [ "", 1 ],
"read_status": ["___", 1]
}
create_kindle_collections_ignore = [
"No-Col.*"
]
################################################## ##

I eliminated the space as it confused my k3 which would no longer do the go to beginning of "k" or "s" ... trick if some of the files were - title rather than -title when in title mode.

I also chose to use characters that would sort in the same order whether I was creating a collection for a kindle with firmware 2.5 or 3.0 as I had previously discovered that they didn't prioritize special characters the same.

The minute plus for the collection manager to run & the several minutes for the kindle to re-start are nothing compared to manually creating collections.

I'm quite content with making changes using tweaks rather than a gui, but that's just me.

Thanks so much for this plugin!