View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 09:57 AM   #15
rrsafety
rrsafety began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Got a basic Nook for my 11 year old daughter who loves to read and was kind of hoping that it would be as easy to use as an iPod for her. Really a strange situation when you have to drive through a snow storm to the parking lot of a McDonald's restaurant so you can hook into the wifi to register the darn thing. Drove home and connected it to my computer and it still wouldn't let me download any books into the library. Called three stores to ask how I can by a book from the website and just download it to my Nook and they all said "can't be done". They said I should "buy it online from my computer" and then drive back to the McDonald's to actually download the book via wifi. I called the 1-800 number (three attempts, two disconnects - total on hold wait time 75 minutes) and they steered me to a video on the nook website that showed people putting stuff into "my documents" but didn't show how to simply buy a book online at B&N and put it into my library. I'm quite amazed at how strange this all is. Who was in the development room for this product and decided to make it so much worse than iTunes?
Any suggestions? I just want to buy a book and put it in my library.
rrsafety is offline   Reply With Quote