Thread: PRS-950 Best Buy Sold Demo Units
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 12:08 PM   #3
Abisha
Connoisseur
Abisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goodbar View Post
This has been posted elsewhere within other threads, but I just confirmed with Sony that the PRS-950's sold by Best Buy where demo units. Following advice from user rk67668 I contacted Sony this morning. Using a combination of the serial number and version number they determined it was a demo unit. I need to email them a copy of my receipt and they indicated they would arrange to replace the device. I have an open case and they said I would be contacted within 48 hours for replacement details.

My unit is working fine, but I was curious based on the other posts and also didn't want to run into any warranty issues if I needed to make a claim. If you haven't already done so, you may want to contact them as well.
What route did you take in contacting Sony? What information did you have to furnish for them? I only ask because it seems I was most likely sold a Demo unit as well.

Thanks, Abisha
Abisha is offline   Reply With Quote