View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 03:48 AM   #1
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
Kindle DXG power adapter and case question

Hi,
I am planning to order a Kindle DXG(US plug/adapter). It will be hand-carried to the UK (UK plug) and then to Greece (EU plug).

I'd like to charge it and test it while I am in the UK. I also need a sturdy cover to transport it with. I am thinking of ordering the official Kindle cover (expensive though) + the clip thingy for protection. Are there any other options for the new DXG size Kindle?

For plug adapter and charging - I have a Linux netbook. I cannot run the Kindle app, but can I charge the device from the netbook USB?

Also, can I just buy a Universal Plug adapter (with surge protector - for about $5) or should I buy the official Amazon Kindle DX plug ($20) for the EU?
Has anyone just used a non-Amazon plug adapter to convert US to EU plug?

Thanks for any assistance!
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote