View Single Post
Old 06-14-2007, 11:51 AM   #8
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Russell View Post
Someone posted recently that they had read the entire Honor Harrington series by David Weber (must be about 10 books or so) in a weekend. That's crazy. It takes me weeks to read anything but the sortest and "lightest reading" books.
Yeah, that blows me away too, even though I think they noted it was a 'long' weekend -- it takes me several weeks to plow through the entire 10 book series, and I seem to read at a fairly fast clip (read Battlefield Earth's 1066 pages in 6 days, on the first run through). Fortunately for my ego, I've already been disabused of my speed-reading delusions by my wife, who thinks that Jane Eyre is a nice afternoon's diversion. And she's nothing to one of her professors who won't watch the Sense and Sensability screenplay because she can read it faster than the show runs.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote