View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 08:14 PM   #15
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Lenovo Yoga 8, IPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
I get that the backlighting is more important to some folks than the greater readability e-ink affords, so I'm not trying to talk you out of that preference -- I may not share it, but you have a right to your preferences without having to defend them (as long as they're legal moral and ethical, anyway ).

Okay, that said, I wanted to ask, do you think that an integrated frontlight (like a lightwedge type of approach) would work for your needs?

I've long thought that this would be the best solution for compensating for e-ink's opaqueness, and I don't think that it would have that much impact on battery life if it could be turned on only when needed. Besides it would have the advantage of giving some protection to the display. But I digress.
I would have to try and to know for certain but I think it would do just fine. I spend a lot of time reading at night, in bed, and my wife hates a normal light on. Other than that issue, I would love to have an e-Ink reader.
ColdSun is offline   Reply With Quote