View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 07:06 PM   #42
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Actually Netronix is a part owner of Astak with less than 50% stake. It is also a bit like a joint venture. I doubt if that is going away soon. They shared the same booth at CES.

Dale
There is more to it but that will come out over time obviously. Changes will be happening but I don't think any of the current devices are going to just be orphaned. Pocketbook is too ethical a company for such behavior. In fact I would expect the firmware for the current devices to, well, actually work soon. What a novel ideal, huh?

it would, however be nice to see some of the design features on the Astak devices added to some future PB device. I actually think the "grippy" coating is a good idea, but only if it's far more rugged than the current version that seems akin to a kid with a can of spray Krylon at 3ft away... I also like the lanyard post, the scroll wheel is nice but it belongs on the LEFT SIDE not the right side since most people are right handed as from polls and threads here on MR most of us righties hold print books as well as out ebook readers in out left hand freeing our right for eating, writing or whatever. Other then that there are no features of the Astak lineup I find compelling and even those are not compelling enough to overcome the recent bad experiences users had with the Pocket Pro reader (the Bebook was plagued with a lot of the same probs as well, since, ummmm, they were the same device...)

But this whole deal is going to be a GREAT thing for both product lines and bringing them together is a wise idea or well...I just feel Astak as an ereader device line was destine to die off in obscurity eventually anyway.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote