View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 09:33 AM   #7
lev
Zealot
lev has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lev has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lev has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by informale View Post
Sorry, that's just my guess that Sony will stop the production of 505. Was there any official statement that they will continue it (hopefully this will be cleared up in their Aug 25 press release/presentation) ?

At least the price of 505 becomes ludicrous, as you now virtually have to pay (for 505 compared to 600) more to get less features, but better screen.
yeah I agree about the price. having similar price for two products is probably not the best. However, I don't know if canceling the 505 is a good idea, since it is probably one of the most popular reader by far, and the most popular amongst sony readers. on top, with already complaints from others about 600 screen, you can see already some people canceled and opted for the 505 even though they were hoping to get the 600.

Having the 300 replace the 505 is also difficult as the screen size is smaller.

yet you are probably right, in the end I assume sony will stop production as they don't have any room to reduce the reader price with the 300 at $199 and 600 at $299...
lev is offline   Reply With Quote