View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 06:36 PM   #23
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
After thinking about it, I think I may be in this category. I want to create *something*, but I'm not really an artist.

The reason why I've started to write a story is just because it's been in my head for quite some time, but I don't know if I'm a writer. Obviously, I haven't read ALL fantasy that's ever been written ......

If there's ONE sort of critics that would make me feel bad then it's something like: "Oh, such and such scene is *exactly* as it is in Book X of Author Y,....

I can identify with that. I often think of myself as having a creative drive, but not necessarily extensive talent in any area. I've tried and continue to try many creative avenues....my muse drags me around from photography to poetry to writing (nonfiction, fiction, poetry) to music, to songwriting to pencil art and digital art. It sucks to just suddenly be uninspired (as I currently seem to be with writing) and have the muse drag you into something else. It's like you can never focus and get better at any one thing.

As far as re-writing something that has been done before, that's very much a possibility but the actual writing, the implementation is likely to be very different....after all every story has already been told....but if you wish you could certainly run the plot/outline etc by others familiar with the genre you are writing in.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote