View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 06:35 PM   #1
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Can entertainment actually be(come) a chore?

We at MobileRead all know it: The To-Be-Read list.

I've got several:
The To-Be-Read list: A list of books I want to (re)read. (And getting them into Calibre after buying and downloading them, fixed and all.)
The To-Be-Played list: Being my GoG.com games list, containing old and new(er) games I wish to (re)play.
The To-Be-Seen list: A list of movies and series I want to (re)watch.
The To-Be-Practiced list: A list of music pieces I need to first arrange and then practice on the Hammond organ.
The To-Be-Ripped list: A huge list of CD's I need to (re)rip and tag in FLAC format for the music center/jukebox computer, and then convert to MP3 my MP3-player.
The To-Be-Studied list: Topics I wish to study or read more about for one or more reasons.

On top of that, I also sometimes study/dabble in Chess, Go, and photography.

Sometimes, entertainment feels like a chore that needs to be planned.

I expect to live another 50 years or so, but I am getting afraid that I can't get all of my CURRENT entertainment "done", let alone any future stuff that piles on top of it :X

Sometimes, I'd have liked to only have ONE hobby, like any sane person.

What are your thoughts?

Last edited by Katsunami; 06-26-2013 at 07:28 PM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote