View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 06:31 PM   #490
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
The comments in this thread had me very worried about the new interface, but I can see the reason behind developing something that's optimized for tablets. A lot of people will be reading on tablets and accessing their libraries with them in the future.

I'm not a fan of the book covers overwhelming the display, especially since the title and author names are badly cropped, but I do like having more books show per page (less scrolling). I really hope Overdrive can fix the title/author issue, moving the wish list ribbon up into the bottom left corner of the book cover would give more room and adding an additional line for the book title as well as making the font slightly smaller would help tremendously.

It took some trial and error to figure out, but I've been able to do the advanced searches I want, so no complaints there. The log in glitch seems to be fixed, I haven't had to log in a second time to sign out every single book recently.
So far they have not changed the mobile site design, and I hope they don't. I sometimes access the library directly on my Sony reader and would really not want to have to click on all those )(@*#& thumbnails. It's bad enough on my PC, where I can open each one in a new tab to save a little time. It would be a real pain on the Sony reader.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote