View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 09:07 AM   #15146
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I read Frederik Pohl's The Cool War. Good, but a little cheesy at times. I don't think the mystillarce (mystery, thriller, farce) is a genre I like that much. This one read just a little too campy at times. 6 out of 9.

Roddy Doyle's The Woman Who Walked into Doors was brilliant. Roddy's usual choppy and somewhat disjoint style to start, but this book drags you in and is a visceral and blunt view into an ugly and terrifying subject. 9 out of 9.

I started Aravind Adiga's The White Tiger. If first 25 biting, sarcastic, dark and scathing pages is any indication, I am going to love this book.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote