View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 03:44 AM   #114
Tugger
Connoisseur
Tugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Yes, I suspect that is true. However...(sorry for asking again, if you've answered this), if you download the PREVIEW copy, from KDP, how does the start position work? Does it work from the Preview file? Because the Preview file from KDP, post-upload, is pretty much what you're gonna get, as it's been through the "conversion" process; it's simply not got DRM attached, basically. Do you still have start location issues there? Can you DL the Preview copy and let us all look?

Hitch
I downloaded and tried the preview and it still had the problem. I have attached it to this message. We can't be sure they don't fix it after creating the preview. But unlikely. So the answer is probably that it is not being fixed and there are thousands of books on Kindle 3 devices that start in the wrong place.

The ONLY time it works is when I fix it with the script from here.
Attached Files
File Type: mobi Test+InDesign+Document+for+Kindle.mobi (71.9 KB, 147 views)
Tugger is offline   Reply With Quote