Thread: Memory leak?
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 06:06 AM   #1
jhay777
jhay777 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Question Memory leak?

I have been using the amazing Calibre software for many months with my Kindle 3, and love it so much I have donated to support the author and development of such a great piece of software. However, I think I have recently discovered an apparent problem with its memory use. If I leave Calibre running in the system tray of my computer for several days at a time (my PC stays on all the time), then memory usage climbs from low double digits up to 300Mb or more. Once it was over 600Mb after 2 weeks of use before I had to close Calibre and restart it.

I am running Windows XP (32-bit) Service Pack 3 with 4 Gb of memory. I only have a small library of a dozen or so books and rarely physically connect my Kindle. I get the Financial Times (UK) and The Age (AU) news downloaded an emailed to the device every morning, and the Economist every Friday, and I only keep the current copy of each in Calibre.

Is this normal/desired Calibre behaviour, or is there something I am doing/not doing that may be causing this progressive increase in memory use?
jhay777 is offline   Reply With Quote