View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 03:27 AM   #23
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
As I understand it, the categories are based on length, and I suppose there needs to be some way to distinguish the medium-shorts from the short-shorts to help even up the field of competition. Perhaps in the future they'll also do it with the novels, and distinguish epic cockroach-killer tomes* and multi-volume splits from self-contained mid-length tales.

Myself, I wasn't too impressed by most of the Novelette/Short stuff this year (though I really liked a couple of them), but the Novellas were all excellent and well worth reading (and Googling for the ones which are promotionally free to read online). I had a tough time deciding which order my votes for that category would go in.

And given the subject matter of Ponies† and The Things, I do kind of wonder if there's going to be a trend of retro pop-culture shout-out ones in the future.

* I, for one, welcome our Best Epic Cockroach-Killer Tome Award-winning overlords.

† This story was just begging to be a faux-cutesy illustrated girly dayglo pastel picture book.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote