View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 05:28 PM   #24
FatDog
Witless protection Agent
FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
The spin off The Empire Trilogy with Janny Wurts also good.
"Servant of the Empire" and "Mistress of the Empire" were both excellent books (but you should read the first 3 Fiest books ahead of them).

The Jasper Fford series starting with "The Eyre Affair:A Thursday Next" novel is very entertaining. There are a LOT of characters but the story revolves around Thursday. She plays a Literary Detective investigating crimes of literature. (In one chapter she discovers someone has cloned a thousand Shakespeares and locked them in a room with a bunch of typewriters.) I just finished the latest book. Jasper Ffford is .. interesting. In honor of his books they hold a festival in Swindon, UK where he entered the Jasper Fford look-alike contest ... and lost.

Glen Cook has a series of books starting with "Sweet Silver Blues" that is a favorite of mine. Take Sam Spade and Tolken and mix them up - and you get the idea.

Anything by Lawrence Watt Evans is good. Magic exists - but has rules/limits which seem to cause more problems than they solve.

(Crap - my tree-book library is in box's at the moment. There is no way to remotely scan through my ebook titles to come up with more favorites.)
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote