View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 09:47 PM   #45
ThePage
Connoisseur
ThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle 4, eBookwise & Literati
Question making a plug-in from an existing driver?

I've apparently been under a false impression for some months, while consolidating 7,000+ books in calibre, from multiple directories (including 4,000+ IMP's), I've not had occasion up to now to work with my existing book-reader, so that I've only just discovered that while I can send a book to my storage card while it's plugged into the computer, I can't do anything else, nor does my reader see the file after I've put the card back into it.

Would it be possible for someone to take the driver used by my dedicated Library software (for the eBookwise) and construct a plug-in for Calibre, allowing of transferring books from one to the other, and would anyone be interested/inclined to do it?

I have no doubt, from the quantity of .imp files offered on mobileread, that others would find it of use.

Also, see FAQ for my adventures in giving both Library Programs advanced indigestion.

Last edited by ThePage; 03-02-2011 at 09:55 PM. Reason: syntax
ThePage is offline   Reply With Quote