View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 12:58 PM   #1
Ellecram
Ellecram began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Calibre Not Detecting Kindle Fire HD

I recently purchased a Kindle Fire HD to take with me to Europe. I have been trying to get it loaded with a few essentials from one of my other devices which is a Kindle Touch.

I have not yet figured out how to sync these two kindles so I thought I would simply go to my Calibre set up and download a few separately that way.

Despite multiple attempts at sending books I was not able to do so. Calibre will not recognize/detect (whatever the correct techno-lingo is for this action) my Kindle Fire HD. I looked online and did all the reboots and upgrades, etc. and still no resolution.

I have Calibre 0.9.44 on my desktop which is a Windows XP.

Mozilla and IE cannot be upgraded beyond a certain version so I am wondering if the outdated browsers are part of the problem.

I am doing this at work and the desktop is a Dell 2007 model/Windows XP which cannot support a lot of the upgrades for software, etc.

I have had experience with my Kindle Touch and Calibre for close to two years with no problems and absolutely love it. I also have another android tablet that I use but it is larger and too big to lug around Europe.

Just mentioning this so that I don't come across as a neophyte with this stuff. I do have some experience.

Any further input on what might be the solution?

Thanks!

Elle

Last edited by Ellecram; 08-22-2013 at 01:00 PM.
Ellecram is offline   Reply With Quote