View Single Post
Old 12-05-2023, 02:36 AM   #2
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
What were the best books you read this year?
1. Sticky: The Secret Science of Surfaces by Laurie Winkless
2. Terry Pratchett: A Life With Footnotes: The Official Biography by Rob Wilkins
3. Borrowed Words: A History of Loanwords in English by Philip Durkin

What excellent books do you recommend that were published in 2023?
The Murder Wheel by Tom Mead

How did your anticipated 2023 books hold up this year?
My pre-orders from Martin Edwards (Sepulchre Street) and Tom Mead (Murder Wheel) were both excellent.
Iona Whishaw's To Track a Traitor was good, but not exceptional as her previous one was, and I enjoyed Martin Walker's A Chateau Under Siege (Bruno 16) but would love to see him return to his village bobby roots.

what books are you looking forward to in 2024?
The next in Martin Edwards' Rachel Savernake series
Cabaret Macabre by Tom Mead, book 3 in his Joseph Spector series
Helle and Death by Oskar Jensen
Guilty by Definition by Susie Dent

Last edited by Uncle Robin; 12-05-2023 at 02:38 AM.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote