View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 11:40 AM   #8
DutchBoy
DutchBoy began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDHarriman View Post
<...>You are perfectly right, I have tested yesterday with a small (20 pages) PDF in image format, with pages a little bigger then the size of the Cybook screen and they showed as white pages when I tried to read them.

It looks as if the Cybook does not like images much, and PDF image files at all at this moment - one can always hope that future versions of the PDF reader in the Cybook will be much better dealing with this situation.<...>
WHAT!? It was my plan for easy conversion of *any* reading material I have to convert to images; -- image files or in PDF form. I ordered my Cybook last week but didn't receive it yet. So am I in for a bad surprise?

Is it in the meantime, with new firmware version 538, already possible to use fullscreen images as files or in PDFs? The images I create are by no means large -- using .png format mostly around 50 kB, under 100 kB for sure (images sized exactly 600x800 for the Cybook; I figure the OP is not using scanned images at 300dpi or something like that?).

[Software I use for creation: Zan Image Printer, NConvert, PDFCreator (or other recommended PDF creator?)]

Last edited by DutchBoy; 03-11-2008 at 11:56 AM.
DutchBoy is offline   Reply With Quote