View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 12:41 PM   #13
brewt
Boo-Frickety-Hoo-Erizer
brewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo HD!
My font call in the css has no !Important!'s on it. the font family reads like this:

Code:
font-family:"Minion Pro","Dutch801 Rm BT","Times New Roman","Goudy Old Style","Baskerville Old Face","Georgia",serif;
The font being used by Calibre viewer is indeed Times New Roman, despite me having the sony Dutch Roman properly installed on my system; if css rules are being followed, shouldn't they go in order if the first one isn't usable/available?

Clearly (at least to me), Calibre viewer 7.2 is overriding the embedment with it's defaults. And yes, I can set those defaults to Minion and have it work 'better'. I've had minion work out before as embedded (ade picks up the embedded font, even if I remove it from my system fonts directory) as an otf - hain't got a ttf version.

I just got my encrypter off its knees last night; I come up with an intelligible demo epub to post.

Seems odd to me that as font embedding is part of the spec that the implementation of it in the viewers is so spotty. I mis-spake earlier; my B&N PC Viewer doesn't seem to utilize embedded fonts - any body have luck seeing embeddings on a real nook or the viewers?

-bjc
brewt is offline   Reply With Quote