View Single Post
Old 12-27-2008, 07:41 PM   #2
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Quote:
Originally Posted by druthven View Post
when i do a key word search it only shows results from the ebooks that are purchased from the ebook store, it doesnt return results from the ebooks that i make from PDF's. I noticed that the purchased ebooks are in the extension .LRS, all the eboks i made are in .LRF format, does anyone kow if this is the reason it doesnt get searched?.. Does anyone know how to make your own ebooks from .pdfs that are keyword searchable?

thanks
erik
Search does not work on image books. So if you have image pdf's or you make an image lrf say using BD, search aint' going to work.

Anyway I would recommend to just load the pdf as is on the 700 and if it's text based the search will work - to check, try search in Adobe or ADE and if search works there it should work on the 700 too.

LRX is encrypted LRF and it has nothing to do with search.
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote