View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 12:55 AM   #9
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I thought the whole purpose of the plugboard was to Jam data from other (unsupported) fields into a standard field , otherwise, the standard file name templates would suffice
I though that was what I said.

Maybe...

The comments is a standard field. And I do want to "jam" other unsupported fields into it. I currently use the Kobo Utilities plugin to do this, but directly updates the database on the device. This post has a screenshot of this from a Kobo device. That has rating, page and word count and tags added at the start of the comments.

To do that, I have to send the book to the device, eject the device and let it process the books. Then, connect the device and update the comments using the plugin. If I could do this via a metadata plugboard, it would happen whenever I sent a new book to the device.

And for the record, I have added comments to the metadata plugboard in my dev environment. It is a very, very simple change and I have been using it for a long time with no problems. But, I haven't tested it with anything other than a Kobo device.

But, lets wait and see if chaley had a reason
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote