View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 04:27 AM   #144
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
The other reason not mentioned that I did not automatically post the plugin was that some of my perceived limitations in existing functionality in the tag viewer/bulk metadata dialog will perhaps disappear over time. For instance I think it would be fairly easy to change the tag viewer code so that instead of clearing the search after making a change it researches and retains selections (as my plugin and the bulk metadata dialog does). It should also scroll to make your last selection clicked on visible within the tag viewer itself - try working your way down say the tag list of authors or series to do multiple renames and you will see how much extra effort in scrolling, clicking and hunting is currently required.
There are improvements in 0.7.35. Not sure if they are improved enough.

When doing individual edits (not bulk 'manage' edits), the tag browser now tries much harder to reposition at the same place in the tags list. This is not the same item, as it could have moved because of resorting, and I thought that given the use case, you wanted to be where you were. It fails if you are working with the last item in a list and you delete it, because the position no longer exists.

Selections are maintained in the library, although I am not sure why this is important. Unlike with plugins, selections play no role in item editing on the tag browser.
Quote:
I know it is probably way too late for this but it would have been nice if the set_series_name function did not require square brackets around the series index, and just took the last digits (\s+\d+) as the series index. So I could type "Doom 1" rather than "Doom [1]". If that is too controversial even automatically adding a closing ] bracket would improve things, that way you could hit backspace from the end of the line, change the number and hit enter. Right now if you accidentally leave out a bracket you end up with a mess that becomes the series name with a series index of 1.
Insisting on bracketed numbers was a safety measure. In fact, the bracket must be at the end. The problem is that some calibre users almost certainly have series named like 'Clap of Doom 1 [xx]' and Clap of Doom 2 [xx]. These people would be rightfully annoyed if editing them changed the series to 'Clap of Doom [1]' etc.