View Single Post
Old 03-14-2017, 09:07 AM   #63
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltr View Post
Yeah, I agree. This is why I didn't go down the rabbit hole of not accepting updates to the Kindle application. I can't imagine that fix lasting too long before it no longer works. But I suppose the 'download USB' workaround will eventually hit a brick wall too?
Not as long as older Kindles are still supported, as they can't handle the new format. Of course Amazon could decide to offer those of us with older devices a free replacement provided we turn in the old units to get them off the hook. If they did this with a notice that the older devices would no longer be supported after a firm deadline this would probably work.

At that point there would be no alternative except to look to those who dealt with the prior formats to deal with the new one. I suspect we have enough time for this to be done before the wall goes up.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote