View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 07:15 AM   #1
R3dstar
R3dstar began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Hello from Austria

Hello everyone, and greetings from the romantic and history-laden heart of Europe!

I am a 33-year old gadget-obsessed male, passionate reader, early adopter of countless more or less useful new devices who, in his neverending quest for new shinies, happened to stumble upon the austrian launch of the PRS-505 and spontaneously decided it was definitely time to "own one of those". Having followed the development of e-paper/e-ink and the Kindle device for a bit of time now, the Sony reader won me over easily, especially considering there's no sign of the Kindle coming over to Austria anytime soon and importing looks grim due to lack of wireless support.

I'm still learning the ropes of the PRS-505 and, while e-book distribution here in Austria/Germany is still in its infancy and the reader has room for improvement, I'm very impressed overall with the quality of the display and reading experience. I'm looking forward to finally get all those old public domain classics that would cover up whole walls of my library on this miraculous and tiny reader device and devour them late at night!
R3dstar is offline   Reply With Quote