View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 11:48 AM   #2
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jearth0182 View Post
I've been looking through here and on the internet, and haven't found a definitive answer. Can the Kindle Paperwhite 3 running the Kindle OS version 5.8.9 be jailbroken? I've tried running through the steps here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=275877

But when I try to copy the *.bin file, it disappears and the kindle update option is greyed out. Is there a work around to being able to downgrade this OS version or am I stuck with it for now?
No. 5.8.8+ is not downgradeable to factory firmware, so no existing jailbreak mechanism works. (However, a PW that is already jailbroken prior to an upgrade to 5.8.9 will remain so.)
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote