View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 09:19 AM   #9
lilman
Addict
lilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle DX, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManBearWaffle View Post
What about the Sony Reader Daily Edition or the Kindle 2?
You don't want anything smaller than 9.7" for manga. I tried a Sony PRS-505 at first (6") and although the screen was beautiful it was too small for manga... I was getting eyestrain trying to read the tiny text bubbles on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManBearWaffle View Post
Do the images HAVE to be optimized for the Kindle DX/iPad? I don't have access to a PC so I can't use your program.

By the way, I'm a Mac user so I need an e-reader that'll work with my OS.
For the DX you really should. Processing not only resizes the images for the DX screen, it also trims the white space (so you don't waste screen space), rotates portrait images to landscape, converts color images to grayscale, and outputs pdfs (and trust me, on the DX you want pdf manga).

For the iPad you don't have to process but it sure makes the experience nicer... especially if you don't already have your manga collection in cbz format.

By the way, my processing program was written in java and uses ImageMagick for the actual image processing, both of which are available on all os's (including Mac). You would have no problem running the manga processor... the only thing you should worry about is which reader to get
lilman is offline   Reply With Quote