View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 02:43 PM   #15
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I've got the font hack on my K2 and I can't remember, does it need to be removed for the update to work? Anyone updated theirs yet? Does the font hack still work (after reinstalling or whatever)?
Yes, you have to remove both the screen saver and font hack to put this update onto your K2. Just did both however, I will caution you:

If you put this new firmware onto your K2, the running commentary right now seems to be that the font and screen saver hack cannot be placed back onto the K2. I have tried unsuccessfully to add them both back onto my K2 and the updates do not take so if either one of these is really critical to you then think twice about loading 2.3 onto your K2.

I am hoping that the developers that came up with both the screen saver and font hack can somehow get both to work with this new firmware version. Especially TedSans, the creator of the font hack because that has made a HUGE difference in the readability of the Kindle for me. The fonts are so much darker and crisper than what is pre-loaded by Amazon. Going to have to sit tight and wait on this.
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote