View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 08:19 AM   #11
RobbieClarken
Addict
RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post
That's the same as leaving your keys in the car. That's you who is having a risky behaviour. Sure, you can say a thief can brake a window and start the engine easily, but that doesn't stop you from leaving the can in public places, right?

And as pointed, if you forget your password, they have to email it to you anyway.
You're right that people can alleviate the security risk but people don't for a variety of reasons (for me it would be too much of an inconvenience to log out of GMail all the time or create a separate email account just for sites like BooksOnBoard). That is why most websites don't email you your password. If you forget your password, BooksOnBoard will email you a new one which isn't a problem. The problem is that when you set a password, BooksOnBoard will email it and other people might see that email before you notice it.

It's not a problem for me because I'm careful with this sort of thing. But I think it is a bad policy because there are people who share email accounts and aren't as aware of online security risks.
RobbieClarken is offline   Reply With Quote